Sunday, October 23, 2011

Madre de Dios!

Friends! I was so tired today and needed a boost to keep working, so I decided to hit the local coffee spot for a shot of espresso over ice. But between the coffee place and my destination, there is a wonderful little Mexican restaurant that makes wonderful little cups of...horchata.

It was a moment of pure inspiration.

Pouring the espresso into the cup of horchata, I felt I was on the edge of a great revelation. With the first sip, I heard the beating wings of mighty angels and felt the warmth of the Coffee God's smile.

Now, I'm sure this drink already exists somewhere and it probably has a badass name in colloquial Mexican-Spanish, and someday I'm going to find out what it is but until then, I will make it my mission to share the GOOD NEWS!

5 comments:

savannah said...

i see a cuppa in my near future!!! xox

Anonymous said...

I have not the smallest idea what you are talking about. WHo ever heared about coffee on ice, eh?

Roses said...

I know nothing of what you speak. Coffee over ice? What is horchata? Does it come with chilli? Is it legal?

Roses said...

PS. Due to my NLP work, I've made my blog subscription only, if you e-mail me, I can send you an invitation to view at your leisure. xxx

Mr. Moose said...

Ah, I see some cultural translation is in order. We here in Los Angeles are in the habit of icing anything we can get our silly little hands on. Not because it's particularly hot, mind you, but because we like to "chill" in the sunshine or "cruise" the sunny streets in our inordinately large automobiles while sipping on frosty beverages (but never beer because that isn't "healthy" and it breaks our tenuous social contract). As to the horchata, that is a contribution from the Kingdom of Aztlan (aka, Mexico) which is sweet rice milk. It goes wonderfully with a two taco combo plate or a very cheesy burrito.