Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wherever He Laid His Sax Was His Home

I've got itunes on random again and my brain is spinning in a different direction with each tune. Right now, I'm listening to a killer version of "Song For My Father" by Sir Richard Groove Holmes and it is flooring me. Not just with its sly and subtle rhythmic play, but with memories of the Old Man. Pops, I miss you. You're on the other side of the world and far from home, but as always, you are never far from my thoughts.

You would appreciate this - the random spinner just spit out "Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere" by Slim Gaillard. It's making me think of Fred Sanford crooning, "If I didn't caaaaaaaare..." That always makes you laugh. You should channel some Fred Sanford tomorrow and scare the shit out of the Chadians. Shake your fist and shout, "Muhammad - ya big dummey! You gonna git five of these!"Why not? They already think you're crazy.

3 comments:

Alan said...

God! For a sec. there I thought you said wherever he had sex .....
...... Jazz ... that's my home"

+AM+ said...

Hey man. I've thought about your question to me. I think the best way for me to respond is to be thorough. Would you like a long answer here or in an email (you can leave your add on my comment page, and i'll take it off after i send you something)?

CreoleBeBop said...

Thank you son. It feels good to be remembered and loved. I love you.

By the way, did the Fred Sanford today. Had to lay off one of my supervisors for a week without pay for negligence and missing a deadline.

Good news - the Fred Sandord worked. They do think I'm crazy. Next week I plan to sing Ink Spots tunes all day long. I wonder if I can get their guitar intro rif on a kalimba or a cora.....hmmmmm

Pops