Friday, July 15, 2011

In the Sense of, What Do You Want?


What do you want?

In what sense?

In the sense of, what do you want?

You're talking about goals?

If you'd like.

I want to be a bridge of words.

Excellent. What else?

I want to see the beauty of everything as it is. Just as it is.

Yes. Keep going.

I want to be well fed and well read.
I want to be a poem.
I want to see the sunlight through the trees
and hear the laughter of the leaves.
I want to feel the chilling caress of the ocean on my face.
I want to run until my legs are cold fire.
I want to be spoken of in dreams
and remembered with knowing smiles.
I want my words whispered in bed.
I want the world in my skull and the world outside my skull
to slam together in a high speed smash collision
and show the scientists the instant of creation.
I want the magic in the rocks and the song in the waves.
I want the quiet roar of life in my heart.
I want to live each day like it's my first
and discover the world when I open my eyes.

You want to live.

I want to be.

9 comments:

Roses said...

Outstanding.

It's a glorious manifesto.

One that I feel vibrating in my bones.

I love that correction at the end:

I want to be.

brown eyed girl said...

Beautiful ..

Ms Scarlet said...

I've been sent by Savannah!
Happy Birthday!!
Sxx

Pat said...

Happy birthday.
You are a poet.

Have the T-shirt said...

Happy Birthday!

mapstew said...

Happy Birthday wishes Sir, (from one of Ma's pals!) Have a good day. :¬)

Anonymous said...

Lovely post! And happy birthday! Your momma sent me!

Bill Lisleman said...

Happy Birthday - Savannah sent me

Mr. Moose said...

Thanks for all the Mooseday cheer everyone!

And thanks for being there for my Mom whenever she has a rough day!