Monday, May 9, 2011

The Next Right Thing

My day starts with movement. I wake up early and put everything I have into that first step of getting up out of bed. I know that if I can do that right after the alarm goes off and resist the urge to lie back down, I will keep going. From the bed to the coffeemaker. From the coffeemaker to the push-ups and the sun salutations. From there to the bike and the ride to the morning meeting. Once all that happens, the rest of the day flows like a river. Don't think, just move. Right now it is all about momentum, so really it is all about the first push.

Ahh, but in order to get that first push, I have to ask for help. Although every time I do, I get it. Call it the God of Early Mornings. My contact with a force stronger than me is what is keeping me moving and taking action right now.

And I just want to say thank You.

Thank you.

Thank you.








"Verily, we have granted to you O Mr Moose an Alarm
that you may turn to it and be awakened,
shutting it not off nor allowing thyself to snooze -
now leave thy bed and partake of thy morning elixir!"

(Surah al-Gauawah)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some years ago my coffefilter broke (it was from porcellain) and since then I shovel the stuff directly in the cup. Works well.

mark said...

One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time. You are doing it right Mr. Moose. I salute you.