Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mr Moose - Now Back to Work!

Hey everybody! I'm thirty-freaking-six years old today!!!! Or if you prefer, one score and sixteen.

According to my birth certificate, I was born at four a.m. on a cold Ohio morning. What was that day like, I wonder. Did my parents stay up the rest of the day? When did they go to sleep? Did I spend my first night at the hospital or did I go home? Where were my brothers during this important event? When did I meet them?

How different it is thirty-six years later: I was fast asleep at four a.m. today and dreaming of pleasant things. I will spend the morning writing and the day working in the office (deadlines loom like storm clouds). I won't have time to celebrate until the weekend, although last night my wife took me to see "Inception" and it was the most awesome movie I have seen in quite some time.

So, once again, thank you mother and father for giving me the chance to come here and see what this place is all about. Rock on, the botha ya's.

(Hmm? Oh, yes, well, on the whole, it's a very strange but intriguing place and while not always enjoyable, it's certainly always interesting...)

12 comments:

savannah said...

it was a day unlike any other because of YOU! i thought i told you the story about the morning you were born. it almost happened right in front of our house! xoxoxox

Mr. Moose said...

Well I think that deserves a fuller explanation. So start from the beginning, and when you get the end - stop.

CiCi said...

I am a fan of your mom's blog. Hope your birthday is awesome.

Eryl said...

Happy birthday, child of Savannah. Sitting in a cafe writing when she called: I can't think of a better start to a birthday, myself.

Manuel said...

happy birthday mr moose! have a great one!

Anonymous said...

Savannah sent me: Happy Birthday Mr. Moose!

Pat said...

Happy Birthday and many of them. Thirty six is such a cool age to be. Enjoy!

eroswings said...

Came over via Savannah to wish you a:

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

**...***...**

___iii___
[*o*o*o*]
[+~+~+~]
Cheers and best wishes for many more years of good company, good food, and good times.

mapstew said...

Hope you had a good one! :¬)

Mr. Moose said...

Thanks for all the birthday greetings, everyone! I did have a good birthday.

Oh and eroswings - thanks for the cake! It isn't a birthday without one.

Roses said...

Mr Moose, hasn't your mum warned you about saying C*ke on your blog if MJ is about?

Oh dear.

*covers eyes*

Bill Lisleman said...

I had a friend called moose, he was the smallest one of our group.
I'm a follower of your mom's blog and now I'm out meeting the family.
Hi.
Are there more bloggers in the family? Didn't fall far from the tree thing?
Happy belated birthday.