Sunday, December 14, 2008

Scattered But Here

It's the work schedule. Or lack of schedule combined with hectic pace and odd hours. There's so much to do and so little time, sometimes I get scattered. But I'm not alone. Yesterday I listened to a crazy edition of "This American Life" in which they tried to cram as many stories as possible into a one hour show. It was inspired by a theater group called the Neo-Futurists, who perform thirty plays in one hour. I also ran across a story project at Smith Magazine called Six Word Memoirs, in which (you guessed it) people sum up their lives in six words. The first collection is called "Not Quite What I Was Planning", which is a wonderful life and one I can relate to.

A six word life. Can you do it? Mine was not quite the encapsulating haiku-like entry of the title story, but it sums up a lot about my journey thus far:

Am I dreaming?
No, I'm not.


True dat.

3 comments:

captain chaos said...

It will all end soon, right?

savannah said...

i wish i had a clue.

Have the T-shirt said...

It's the journey, not the destination.