Monday, February 15, 2010

From an Interview With Matthew McConaughey

ELLE: You wrestled cows to prepare for your role in Reign of Fire. Would you wrestle a croc for the woman you loved? A grizzly?

MM: Rather not. But if you can catch eye contact with a mammal, you can buy yourself some time—because as another mammal, you can communicate. You can’t trust a reptile. But I have thought about how to win that fight with the grizzly.

ELLE: Do tell.

MM: I believe right as that grizzly gets to you, he’s going to rear up, open his paws, and come down on you. You’re going to have to shoot the gap, go in straight to the chest, and take your bowie knife to the gut and pull up through the rib cage. If it’s a death shot, that grizzly’s going to fall on you. The real trouble’s going to be getting out from under it.

ELLE: I’m stunned by the amount of thought you’ve put into this.

MM: Oh, I have dreams about this kind of shit. I don’t want to wrestle any of these things, but I’m just saying, that’s what I’d do if the situation arose where I’m just sitting there and I go, Oh, look there. That grizzly has got my girl and child. How we gonna work this out?

6 comments:

savannah said...

this is bizarre on so many levels...

Mr. Moose said...

It was a bizarre question for the interviewer to ask, but it was even stranger that McConaughey had such a detailed answer. He really had thought about it before. Isn't that awesome?

captain chaos said...

I hate that guy more and more every time he opens his mouth. He's got more money than I'll ever see in several lifetimes and he got it doing nothing. He is the poster child for Hollywood mediocrity and all he does is wander around drinking and acting like an imbecile. Why so many women find him compelling is beyond me.

supernana said...

I think it great that he had such a detailed answer. How weird and wonderful.
And captain, I'm afraid we know a lot of people who wander around drinking and act like imbeciles, so . . .

Mr. Moose said...

How you can hate that guy? That's like hating the Easter Bunny or something. And what do you mean by "he got it doing nothing"? McConaughey works all the time (true, I don't care for most of his films, but he isn't exactly trying to unseat Daniel Day Lewis with his acting). Point is: your anger will only draw you to the Dark Side. Little, shriveled old men run things there and it's no fun, so be careful.

captain chaos said...

McConaughey is an imbecile and a crap actor who makes wads of money for bad acting and while there is an epidemic of that in Hollywood he's one of the most annoying. As for the dark side, whatever, been there done that. I'm just saying that I don't really understand why people still like him. Yes, the answer is funny but...