Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Epistolary Burden

Cocooned in my busy life, I seldom see my friends. They're all within ten miles of me, but it doesn't matter. Add to that list the friends scattered across the country and the globe and there is an entire company of people I don't see. But wait! There's no need to worry, I'll just shoot a couple lines of email at them, surely I have time for that. Oddly, no, I don't. (But I have time to write this pointless blog entry?)

That parenthetical is actually the point. And the point is: priorities. I have not made my friends a priority and for that I am sorry. I miss them. My life is less without my friends. I catch glimpses of what they are up to on Facelook, I a get melancholy and wistful. It feels like I'm watching some grand party on the other side of the park. This must end.

Think of this then, not as a confession, but as a resolution.

I'll be in touch.

5 comments:

savannah said...

all things in good time...and this seems a good time, i guess!

supernana said...

and your family?

Mr. Moose said...

As to my family: when I don't talk to you guys, you call me, text me, email me, or leave notes on the blog that read "Hey, where the fuck did you go?" I think friends just say, "Oh well. He's disappeared again." Then they go and feed their kids and forget all about me.

CreoleBeBop said...

Dammit Man! Get on with it!

vivez avec la clarté et la vérité, acte avec la compassion, amour avec l'abandon et écrivez avec passion

live with clarity and truth, act with compassion, love with abandon and write with passion

savannah said...

as to the last comment by you-know-who, i say, pot meet kettle! :~D