Sunday, March 16, 2008

Valdosta Terminal

Beleaguered, betrayed, I creep through Valdosta.
Thoroughly unhinged, I sweep through Valdosta.

I'm on my own and my life is sky blue.
Passageways out are cheap through Valdosta.

There's no where to go, the station's still closed.
I'll open my eyes as I leap through Valdosta.

Your heart was born pumping, your brain was alive.
The history of madness runs deep through Valdosta.

The heat and the sun are the stillness of time.
With a soul full of lava, I seep through Valdosta.

I can't but accept these feelings as mine.
Like a broken down robot, I beep through Valdosta.

The laughter in sadness: the joke's still on me.
Spitting up tears, I weep through Valdosta.

Don't ever tell me that love will stand still.
My promise to god I'll keep through Valdosta.

Whoever said that stillness is real?
The fruits of my sins I'll reap through Valdosta.

While the fate of the world is still up to you,
the hill to forgiveness is steep through Valdosta.

No comments: